- Connie Coleman-Lacadie
- Fae Crabill
- Ermine Fuller, Jr.
- Stephen Mazoff
- Helen McGovern-Pilant
(Click here and scroll down to “Advisory Board Agendas and Minutes”)
Description of Duties
The duties of the Salary Commission are:
- The salary commission shall convene and determine the salaries paid to the Mayor and the City Council within 45 days of confirmation by the City Council. The 45-day review and determination time may be extended upon request of the salary commission and approval by the city council.
- All meetings of the salary commission shall be subject to the Open Meetings Act and shall be open to the public. The meetings shall be held in the same location as City Council regular meetings. The salary commission shall provide an opportunity for citizens of the City to comment on the salaries of the Mayor and City Council prior to taking a final vote on such salaries.
- After determining the salaries of the Mayor and the City Council, the salary commission shall file a statement of the salaries with the City Clerk. A salary increase shall be effective on the next payday for City employees. A salary decrease shall be effective at the commencement of the next subsequent term of office.
- Any increase or decrease in salary shall become effective without further action of the City Council, and shall supersede any salary set forth in a City ordinance related to the budget or the salaries of the Mayor and City Councilmembers.
A majority of the appointed members of the Board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and a majority vote of those present shall be necessary to carry any recommended actions.
Mayor, subject to confirmation by the City Council
Terms of office
Five (5) voting members.
- The term of a salary commission member shall be for one salary review. The term shall commence upon City Council confirmation and shall terminate upon filing of the statement of salaries with the City Clerk.
- For each salary review, conducted in 2015 and every fourth year subsequent, the Mayor shall appoint and the City Council shall confirm a salary commission.
- A member of the salary commission shall not be an officer, official or employee of the City of an immediate family member of an officer, official or employee of the City. For purposes of this section, “immediate family member” means parents, spouse, siblings, children or dependent relatives of an officer, official or employee of the City, whether not living in the household of the officer, official or employee.
Meeting location and date(s)
Meetings shall be held in the City Council Chambers at Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood, Washington. Meeting dates are to be determined.
Individuals appointed are expected to attend meetings regularly. The City Council may remove a member of the salary commission from office for cause of incapacity, incompetence, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office.
Applications are on-line on the City’s Website under Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions Vacancies. Contact City Clerk at (253) 983-7701.